Let’s Eat: Black Bean Spaghetti with RapiniFood
Spaghetti has been everyone’s go-to quick meal for ages. Black bean spaghetti is equally quick and equally tasty. The noodles are a gluten-free alternative to traditional spaghetti that are rich in iron and high in protein and fiber, making it a healthy substitute. The brand of organic black bean spaghetti noodles I use is from Explore Asian, a company that specializes in gluten-free pasta. You can get them at Costco!
These noodles can be cooked like a traditional spaghetti dish with marinara sauce; but this time, I decided to coat the noodles with a simple garlic and oil sauce. I paired the noodles with sautéed rapini (also known as broccoli rabe), but you can also use broccoli, broccolini, salad, or whatever you want as a side dish.
- Black bean spaghetti noodles
- Olive oil
- Boil noodles in pot.
- In a pan, sauté rapini in vegetable oil and garlic.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate pan, cook garlic in olive oil on medium heat.
- Stir in basil for two minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Drain noodles.
- Pour garlic and oil sauce over spaghetti noodles.
- Serve noodles on top of rapini.